Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Expectations

Apparently, thanks to yesterday's Moment of Duh, today, it's two-for-one on the postings!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 21 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 57.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 39 Money Found For Food Bank: $8.55

Just as I was feeling confident my leg issue was healing quickly, I made a wrong turn with it last night simply getting into a chair, and everything re-pulled. NICE!! It wasn't as hurtful as the original moment of impact, but it still hurt.

And, it still hurt this morning. My morning run was something of laughable. Let's call it the morning hobble, and everyone will be on the same page. It. Totally. Blew!! By the end of what became two very, long miles (yes, I said two), I felt as worn as I used to when I started running. It was like I've never run a day in my life. It made my face do this:
Cumulatively, I have a couple thousand miles
on my feet, and this is how today's two-miler
felt. For real. Bleh.
Yes, I knew my leg hurt a bit, but I also expected it would be fine enough (is that a phrase?) to jog a couple of miles. For crying out loud. Expectations: In the tank! The good thing is I know this is temporary. I know it's "not me," and I know when my leg is ready to roll, everything will fall back into place. Until then, I will keep moving while not overdoing it and look forward to a normal run ... which might not happen for a few days!

At least tomorrow is scheduled for rest ...
"I'd feel worse for you, mommy, but you
didn't let me go. And, I don't know what
you mean about your leg hurting. I'm
just a simple girl with simple needs, and
those needs were denied today. *sigh!*"
So, the run didn't really make me happy except for being outside, but the 15 cents I found almost compensated for the outing!

Speaking of simple, happy things, this is sitting on our kitchen table right now:
Can I just tell you how much I love  the look of conversation hearts? They rank right up there with Christmas light bulbs ... I LOVE THEM. I think they taste disgusting, though, which is actually another mark in their favor as I won't want to eat them. Here's a question Pit Crew #3 (who was with me when I bought them and also hates eating them) posed to each other: "Don't you think that if something is gross, it shouldn't cost much?" You can guess I thought conversation hearts were less expensive than I discovered. You can also guess I based my assumption on my distaste for them. Evidently, that's about as reasonable as having expected a posting to go up when I do not hit the 'publish' button ...

Here's to things that make sense even if in your own mind! I plan to take it easy on tomorrow's Rest Day, and I support you doing the same! I'll check in then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment