Friday, January 17, 2014

Productive Justification

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 12 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 31.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 21.9 Money Found For Food Bank: $6.43

The weather report this morning was that it felt like -1 outside. Seriously, this temperature roller coaster is more than I know what to do with! But, it's not like there's anything I can actually do about it. So, I did what I could, and I went for a run!

Before you think I'm entirely stupid crazed for doing so, it's an off day, so I was only going a mile. With this being a 3-day weekend, I'm utilizing today-Monday for some down time/off days where I mix and match mile runs with weights. With tomorrow morning's plans set earlier than easily accommodates even a mile run, I was running today no matter what! Before you think that sounds like a big ol' justification for running outside, let's not forget there was a time when all of the justification would have been about not going ...

AND, because it was only a mile, I felt great about taking the pup!! Double the runners, double the fun, right?! That holds true especially when both of these runners enjoyed the unexpected dusting of snow!! Whee!!
Snow: Goooood. Crazy-sharp wind in my face: Baaaaaad.
See Elly's ears for confirmation of the wind. Yes, that's from
the wind; she's not that fast!
The snow was light, and the wind was whipping. So, one of us received a little surprise to the face during one of the bigger gusts:
Better her than me ... I MEAN ... poor puppy got hit with a
blast of wind followed by a cloud of snow! I'm not really sure
she noticed the snow to the face, but I did because she's so cute.
Speaking of cute, you might recall I do so love puppy prints in the snow ...
Not just any puppy ... my puppy ... *sigh* ...
Okay, here's the real breakdown: Had this been a scheduled run longer than a mile, I would have been a fool to do it because it was just too darned cold. But, it was a get-the-blood-cruising/do-something day, so this is what I chose. And, as a point of interest, I found 36 cents within that singular mile. Boo.Yah. You just never know; but, I always hope!
 
That hope (and movement) was totally worth freezing my fool cheeks off!
Post-run mild wind burn ... not how you want your cheeks to
get rosy ...
I'm pleased to report the do-something-every-day streak is thriving and quickly becoming an easy part of my morning plans. Also pleasing to report is that my cheeks finally thawed. Anyway, I'll be at it again tomorrow before the day takes off, so I'll check in after!

No comments:

Post a Comment