Friday, January 3, 2014

Three For Three

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 3 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 3 Money Found For Food Bank: $3.74

It was 1 degree with a wind chill of -15 when we went out for our morning mile. I told Aaron I'd wear my new hunter orange shirt just in case we froze in place and needed eventual rescue.
Plan negated by the purple jacket over it,
I know. But, it's the thought that counts.
(Seriously, Elly can't even stand it ...)
No rescue needed. We made it back safe and sound. Doesn't Aaron look like he's just loving the new morning routine?
He told me he was smiling under the mask. I told him his eyes
weren't smiling. (If you have the capability to get really close,
you can see frost on the end of his eyelashes, fyi.) Oh, and I
wouldn't be smiling at all if I were him; that mask was worn
yesterday, too, without airing out or washing ...
That's three for three!! For the record -- it's not the going that is the accomplishment here as much as it is the getting-to-the-going part. THAT'S what makes this something to be proud of right now!

Tomorrow's another -- we'll just keep on going and see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment