Thursday, January 16, 2014

Change Brings Change

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 11 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 30.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 20.9 Money Found For Food Bank: $6.07

There's probably something wrong with me that my only real motivation to get out and run today was that I was itching to find some money. There's not even a guarantee of finding any, but I seem fueled by the hope. My lack of inspiration comes from the continued freedom in my schedule. Like in the rest of my world, I thrive under structure while I work hard to persevere when things are loose. I'm like a kid with too many choices and distractions, so it makes my head spin a bit. But, I'm 45, so at least I have a handle on what I'm mentally fighting (a willy nilly schedule) and not thinking that something's wrong with the activity itself, therefore, I must quit.

Nope, no quitting required or even desired here as I've worked to make the very best of these last few weeks before returning to a grind I actually enjoy! I was up and out earlier than I have been recently, so I didn't really believe there was a dusting of snow on the ground (just thought I couldn't see clearly in the dark) until I slipped on it. That made me a believer. See? There it is ...
I know, it doesn't look like much ...
... but, it doesn't take much to make it a little slickery!
Elly had zero problems on it, and, fortunately, there was plenty of traction on the fresh flakes. It was when I landed on spots where someone or something had gone before that I was on high alert to balance and/or slow down!

The change in schedule today, though, translated into a good stack-o-change!
That's 70 more cents, baby! I do love finding the silver!
Money's cool, but it's not very pretty, so here's a look at something I saw only because I had to stop and scratch an itch that I could totally reach, but scratching with gloves through two layers of shirts isn't very efficient. Anyway, see? Pretty!
How very Christmas-y!! Oh ... wait ...
The next two days are rest days of sorts ... no long(er) runs scheduled even though I'm sure I'll get a mile or more in. The commitment for the next few days and through the long weekend is to do something. Then, there's one more week before the training schedule kicks in. It's so weird to actually be antsy about starting that up, but I'm ready to take it on and feel the success it brings!

Before then? I chill ... I'll check in tomorrow! Happy Friday Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment