Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Keep At It ...

Heyyyy ... you know what happens when you hit "save" instead of "publish"? It sits in your drafts!! It's like putting the laundry in the dryer but not turning it on ... as though I would know ... *sigh* ...
 
Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 20 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 55.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 39 Money Found For Food Bank: $8.40

I'm approaching 24 hours without taking anything to dull the pain of Sunday's unfortunate fall ... yeah!!! There are still after-shocks depending on what I'm doing or how long I've been sitting, but it's getting better!

Between that and some pretty big life shifts, it's been a helluva way to kick off a training schedule I'M. JUST. SAYIN'. But, that's how it goes sometimes, and choices get made ...
I get there are unavoidables getting right in the way of a run. Today wasn't one of them. The temperature, however, was more than I wanted to take on, so I elected to do my miles inside on the treadmill. As I sit here, I can't believe it, either. But, I knew it was the best decision for not only the weather but also for the sake of running on consistent ground while the ol' falling-down muscles continue to heal.

It hurt not looking for money (for real, I'm not just saying that), but I noticed my money scoping has turned into a very useful skill. You see, it used to be that I couldn't look down while on the treadmill without my balance going wonky. This morning when I instinctively looked down, I noticed I held steady no matter how long I held position. As important as balance is, I'll take the reinforcement any way I can! I don't really suggest running while looking down on a treadmill, by the way, because doing so is even more boring than just being on one. In case you needed to ever know that.

So, I got in my miles, and I got on with my day. Clearly, Elly didn't run today, either, so she found something else fun to do ...
Apparently, Elly enjoyed the wind chill
not going below 0 today and had to roll
around in utter joy ...
Can't do that on a run!
... as did the cat ...
"Do what'cha love, mama.
Here, fishy-fishy-fishy ..."
I fully intend to run outside tomorrow morning especially since it's a very short one that's scheduled. Start your day winning your own fight and doing what you love, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment