Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Watch Your Step

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 186 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 881 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 442.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $1.79

What's this?
See how intent she is? That's your first clue.
THAT is a dog looking for more of this:
Yeah, those are meatballs. Because why wouldn't  I find those on the sidewalk in the middle of December while out for a run? Actually, Elly found them first. She put forth a good effort to get to them, but she sometimes forgets her mama's a little stronger than she.
"You might be stronger, but that didn't keep me from giving
the meatball we found away from those other two a hearty
lick on the run. SLURRRRP!!"
Meatballs on the sidewalk. For real.

So, it's a very happy Wednesday to all!! You've already seen we started ours out with a run. And, Elly got a gift in addition to her meatball sampler in that she was able to come at all! The snow melted off the sidewalks from yesterday morning, so I had no worries about her paws in taking her today! She certainly does make these outings even more annoying entertaining, so I'm glad she was with me! I'm also glad neither of us slipped or fell. There were a number of patches of ice that snuck up on us. Oh, and there was this other moment when we were supposed to turn left, but I did, and Elly didn't, so I almost went over the top of her. Nice. THAT would have been a show!

Anyway, it was a chilly one, but it was also almost three times warmer today than it has been for about a week, so I really can't complain. Besides, a friend of mine sent me a birthday gift of new base layer clothes!! WAHOO!!! New base pants and base shirt to go with the new jacket I bought myself this weekend ... sweeeeeeet !! I felt all kinds of fancy in my new duds!
Gotta say, new yummy-colored jacket
trumps excitement of today's 4-cent find!
I LOVE my new jacket ... and, I'm even a huge fan of the thumb holes at the end of the sleeves (that I wasn't sure I'd dig) because that's what kept extra warmth over my hands so my hands wouldn't freeze off. Genius move by whomever designed that.

Oh, and my birthday? It's tomorrow!! Twelve-Twelve, baby!! (Best birthdate ever if you ask me, but confusing as a little kid learning how to numerically say the month and day by using your birth date as an example, just sayin'.) Now, had a run been on tomorrow's schedule, I would have more than happily complied. But, it's NOT, so I will use that time to maximize birthday celebrating! I'll check in then!

No comments:

Post a Comment