Thursday, December 26, 2013

Another View Of Christmas

A very special thanks to Elly who gave me today off while she guest blogged!!

Happy day after Christmas, everyone!! I don't really know if this is a special day or not, but everyone is still home around here, and that makes it awesome times four for me!! In the meantime, I wanted to take a minute and share with you how Christmas goes around here for the hound!

Now, you've seen in mommy's writings that, sometimes, I'm a bit naughty because I think it's fun (and, sometimes, tasty) to get garbage out of the cans when my people aren't home. So, when I kept hearing the buzz about Christmas coming, I wasn't sure if that included me or not. But, when mommy hung the furry kids' stockings, mine was front and center!
As it should be. I have more ornaments than they do, too. I rule.
Those hung there for quite some time. It was longer than I can remember because I'm not awesome at remembering stuff. But, the excitement around here started to build over these past couple of days, so I figured the big day was coming! I was very hopeful because I've worked really hard to be good. Wait ... I've worked very hard with mommy running, and I've worked hard at intending to be good. I figured my efforts were worth something.

Well, first thing yesterday morning, everyone got up all psyched to get into their presents (the very ones that had a barricade of chairs around them so I couldn't get into them overnight. Like I would do that! I would be insulted, but I don't know what that means.). All that happened for me right away was being ordered to the couch -- the very couch I couldn't even sleep on because of the barricade! There's no justice for a pooch. And, it seemed the excitement abounding was not for me ...
Drat.
Making matters worse, the next thing I knew, mommy went over to them  (you know ... Lizzy and Daphne ... the ones who get me in trouble for snarling at them even though they bother me just by being here. Jerks.) and gave them treats from Santa!! I heard mommy say the treats were bacon, egg and cheese flavor!! What the heck?? I bet I'd like bacon, egg and cheese if I ever got some!! Look at Daphne just licking her lips after getting hers:
All hope of fun for me was slipping way away from this loyal hound. That is until mommy said it was my turn to open presents. Family first, then Santa. And, by family, she meant my cousin, Abby! I've never met her, but I hear this is a love-by-association thing. Evidently I sent her a treat bag, too. But, I forgot. (We've already covered my forgettin' issue ...) Anyway, my bag from Abby rocked!!! It had treats bigger than I've ever seen, bacon chewy strips (take that cats!!) and rawhide chips!! I've never been much of a chewer, but these seem to have quickly converted me!!
Hey, mommy and daddy ... remember when I wouldn't chew on
that steak bone you gave me? It's just that my taste is more
simple, that's all. See?? Nom nom nom ...
That cat comes closer, and she's goin' down.
You don't know this, but mommy said if I snarl at her, I won't
be in trouble because I'm minding my own business while
she's about to get up in mine. Come closer, kitty ... cooommme
ooonnnnn ...
The cat kept her distance and remained safe, but I finally took that rawhide down! Ohhhh, did I want more!!!

And, just when it seemed my world couldn't get better, I got my Santa gift!! And, it was suuhhhweeeet ! A new leash!! That isn't just a fashion statement; that's more exploring time!! WAHOO!! We went out immediately to play!!
Look how proud I am!!! And, pretty!
Dum-dee-dum ...!
The non-fur-coat part of the family got too chilly to stay out very long, but I understand. Besides, there is nothing like the promise of fun outings like a new leash!! And, won't I look smashing  for Valentine's Day with this baby?! Ohhh, yeahhhh ... In the meantime, let's just pretend say it goes with everything!
I'm so pretty ...!
Tomorrow's another day! But, I don't yet know if it's a running one for me. I know mommy's going, but I also know she has decided to be indecisive (figure that out) about tomorrow's distance. So, someone will check in. In the meantime, I hope your day after Christmas was as good as the day itself. It was for me ... I got another bag of rawhides!!! Mommy will see you tomorrow ... I'm off to chew!

No comments:

Post a Comment