Thursday, December 5, 2013

Snowballing

I saw this on the Distant Runners Facebook page yesterday and cracked up:
First of all, that used to be true for me during my first year of running. Suffice it to say, I totally ate back whatever I ran off and did a bang-up job justifying doing so. I have no problem admitting that because I'm one in a billion people who do it. (It shouldn't be such a secret club given how many members there are. But, I digress.)
This grabbed me, though, because it actually applied to how I feel about my little world right now. I'm in one of those stretches where everything is going on at the same time. So, the more I do, the more I feel is in front of me to still do. You know those times; we all have them, and we all go through them. It has made me tired, but I'm not cranky or down or anything. I'm pretty sure I have running -- not to mention this amount of time I spend praying while running! -- to thank for the can-do attitude!

Ooo, and what has also contributed to my feelings of bleh  right now is that I'm pretty sure Thanksgiving and its fantastic leftovers finally caught up with me! I'm not feeling bad about myself, but I am feeling the effects of the divergences from my normal cuisine which is a nice way of saying some of the crap I have eaten has not contributed to using food as good energy! So, it's time to completely get back on track there just in time to totally mess it up between my birthday and Christmas and New Year's.

It's just where I am right now, and it's not a big deal. The big deal is acknowledging what I feel and why I feel it instead of just assuming I suck (given I just talked yesterday about needing a break) and giving up. No need for that. I just need to weather the current upheave.

Speaking of weather -- there's complete craziness going on across the country with the weather especially in the form of ice!! Runners + ice = potential disaster!! During my first year, I gave running when there were patches of ice under the snow a whirl. I fell down twice. I don't run on ice anymore, and I don't suggest it!! Be safe wherever you are, and I'll see you after tomorrow's very, very cold run!

No comments:

Post a Comment