Monday, December 30, 2013

Skating Out Of the Year ...

Remember yesterday when I said I'd tell you how today went down with the hopes that no one actually went down? Indeed, I meant it literally ...
Those ain't your mama's Asics ...
That's right! This Rest Day meant SKATING!!
The skating gang's all here!! Aaron is a fan and Pit Crews for
us when we are in need ... his knee prevents the skating part
of the program for him ...
Last year, Pit Crew #3 seemed to have a goal of how many times he could stand falling down. That's not good for a mama's heart, but whatcha gonna do? This year, he had a goal to not fall down "much." (Much better all the way around ...) He was doing very well. And, then there was this time ...
... and, a few times after that, but only a few!
Pit Crew #2 and I faired better in the falling game (mom, 0: PC#2, only once!). We had a lot of fun cheesin' around the rink in between comparing which parts of our feet hurt from the skates.
For being very novice at this, we all had a great time!!

It was a fantastic way to spend an afternoon of break!!

We also did a bit of poking around to see what Christmas remnants remain ... I scored a package of Peanuts people (which was called something like "Peanuts Skating Figures" ... perfect for the day, amiright ?!):
I was serious about being serious (which is different from the other day's decidedly indecisive stance ...) decorating for Winter, so these little guys are perfect! They can live there on the table with the snow scene PC#2 made for us. Perfect!

Oh, and look what we saw on the way home ...
AND then look what was in the mailbox when we arrived home!
The virtual medals arrived!! Nicely blinged, too!!
I hope your day was full of fun whatever you did!!

Am I alone being in disbelief that tomorrow is the last day of the year?! I've been thinking more about looking forward than rounding out this one. I suppose tomorrow's a good day to take a moment for reflection before launching forward, huh? We'll see how that turns out. In the meantime, happy eve of the Eve!! I'll check in tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment