Monday, December 9, 2013

Running Imitating Life Imitating Running

The only really good thing about not having running on my schedule today is that it was one less thing I felt the need to accomplish! Whooooooo, Nellie, this girl's to-do list was mighty long today, and, even though I gave it my all, I simply did not get it all finished! However, having given it my all, I sit here toward the end of the day proud of what I did accomplish and not at all cranky or disappointed at what I did not. I'll just keep chipping away at it tomorrow, and it will all work out.

Huh. Sounds like a philosophy used by a runner I know. Oh, wait ... that's me!

For real, I was thinking about the parallels of how my world played out today and my running adventures.
  • The list of things I wanted to do today was probably unrealistic for one day, but that didn't mean giving up before ever starting.
  • Some things were priority, some things were not. So, those that were priority got my attention, and those that weren't were put in the right place with no regrets.
  • I got to the end feeling highly accomplished even though I didn't completely fulfill my original intent.
That's how it works when you give something everything you have. And, that feels awesome!

Speaking of giving something everything you have, one of our very persistent kitties keeps stealing one particular ornament off of our tree. It's this one:
This little bluebird of happiness has had a time around here ...
No matter how deep we've put it, she finds it. Then, we find it somewhere around the house. I think we finally have it in a place out of her eyesight.
"Stop with the pics and show me what
the hell you did with my bird!!"
Even though there are lingering action items from today's to-dos, tomorrow will begin with a run! While we didn't get a lot of snow yesterday, there was enough to cover the sidewalks. And, today, it was cold enough to keep them covered. Tomorrow's going to be one of those ... not quite sure what I'm encountering around each corner! My eyes will be on my footing for sure, and I'll check in when we finish! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment