Saturday, December 28, 2013

Just One More

I don't know why I keep insisting on putting a lot of extra things like chores or other household duties on Rest Day. You'd think I would have learned by now that such activities involve a crap ton of extra physical activity. Suffice it to say, I should probably be pleased with the bazillion extra squats and stair-mastering of today. Instead, I'm just annoyed that I have yet to learn the concept of being a little more respectful of the rest  concept of Rest Day.

In the meantime, I've settled on tomorrow being the last run of 2013 (yay!)! It just made some sense. What makes more sense is that I plan to have Pit Crew #2 with me. (She just doesn't yet know it.) It makes sense to have her along to round out the year where was a big participant in this gig with me. And, of course, Elly will come. It'll be a girl thing ...

It will be the last journey of all for my shoes. What's weird is that for as much as I've not really enjoyed them, they've been on more running miles with me (710!) than any other I've ever had. Funny how that works out.

So, here's to you, dependable blues ...
Jeez, I knew they were worn down, but ...
... as I've appreciated you even though you took months to break in. I appreciate you for taking me safely through broken glass now and then, for mostly protecting my feet when I went through puddles, for carrying me through a thunderstorm, for keeping decent grip on ice, for squishing through mud we didn't see coming, for holding up when you probably should have broken down, and for sporting my rainbow shoe laces like no other shoe could.

Here's to just a few more miles together before your retirement. Thank you for never giving up on me even when I was cranky about you.

We'll all see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment