Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sneaking Up!

So, it's already the 19th of December, and I've hardly even mentioned the upcoming virtual cupcake run that Pit Crew #2, virtual running partner extraordinaire Mary Kate and I are doing on SUNDAY!!

HOW'D THAT SNEAK UP ON US!?!

Well, I'll tell you ... In part, it's the time of year, amiright ?? There are a lot of extra details floating around right now, so keeping everything together kind of has to mean keeping everything together today, I'll strongly consider tomorrow, and the rest will come along in order! So, there is that. The other factor in not really talking about it (speaking for myself) is that we decided to reward our hard work this entire year with a virtual 5K, and that requires very different planning and training than does a longer distance. In fact, that run is shorter than 2 of my other runs during the week. I call that a sweet, sweet gift to myself!!

The medals will arrive after we're finished (just happened that way), but here's the pic of what's to come:
Mary Kate's husband will also be joining us (yeahhhh!!!), so we four will set sail in virtual fashion amidst Christmas lights!! Here's to hoping we don't get rained on! But, if we do, that'll just make the lights all the more twinkly!!

In the meantime, on this Rest Day, I was going to show you a picture of my friend's Nativity scene made up of little wooden moose. Seriously. Everyone's a moose. And, it's totally adorable!! But, I got to her house only to find my memory card was at my house. Grrr!! So, instead, I share with you this:
I have Peanuts Nativities depicted in many forms including
the gels, ornaments and statues. You just can't go wrong.
Oh, and it's not just about the Peanuts peeps, it's about them being gel clings!! I love me some gel clings!! See?
Big enough to stretch across the sliding doors?! Yes, please!!
And, these are my fave:
I hope it snows again soon so I can take this with a white
background (probably should have thought about that for the
past week ... whoopsie ...). Anyway, if gel clings are wrong, I
don't wanna be right ...
By the way, if you think it odd to be enamored with Nativities of moose and Peanuts, add to the list the Nativity my college roommate and I created ... we had Muppet Babies (that I'm pretty sure came from Hardees ... but, I can't remember) that went under our tree in our room. See?
There was an additional doggie to represent one of the sheep,
and Baby Jesus was a pink koala. Of course. Duh.
Apparently, someone defiled it one day and then took it upon himself to write down what I said:
Not very Christmas spirity, I know. I own it, though. Don't
mess with my Muppet babies!!!!
I still have mine that go under the "kid tree" in our house, by the way:
ANYWAY ... There's a chance for freezing drizzle in the a.m. (whuuuuuuuut ??? Noooooo !!!), so we'll see where that run takes place!! Will I be oh-so-pleased to be out in the fresh air, or will I again be thankful for the DVR?? I'll let you know the verdict tomorrow ... See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment