Sunday, December 22, 2013

Ready To Jingle ...

I'm not going to lie ... I know we're running in a half hour, but I'm totally and completely distracted listening to youtube videos of the "Sing Off" finalists Home Free ... 'heard of 'em??? YOU SHOULD!!

If you watch the show, you are way ahead of me. We, however, have the show backlogged on the DVR. We're caught up now, and I can't get enough!

But, is that running music? It better be because we're setting sail very soon!! Pit Crew #2 looks totally ready to go, doesn't she?!
In truth, we are totally ready to take this on. See? The essentials are together ...
  • Christmas spirit headwear? CHECK!
  • Flashlight? CHECK!
  • New, perfect-color-for-theme leash for Elly? CHECK!
  • Post-run cupcakes? CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK! Look, you gotta adhere to the theme!! (And, these won't be stale like the ones we got from the shop post-November relay, just sayin' ...)
Elly's leash was originally supposed to be for Christmas. But, Aaron thought I got it for tonight. So, how could I deny her!?! (I got her another for Christmas ... color coordination continues ...)

And, tonight's run was also a great excuse to buy a new flashlight. It's not just that it's going to be dark, but it's also that we will need to watch for icy patches. Because, we got us some ice. See?
The roads are in much better shape than the yards, trees and Christmas decorations around here! But, we still need to be on the lookout. Fortunately, we won't be taking it all on by ourselves ... you'll see with the full recap tomorrow! I already can't wait to share our adventure -- all of ours!!!

Here's to a great year of running capped off by a really fun one with my favorite running girls ... PC#2, Elly and, of course, virtual running partner extraordinaire, Mary Kate!! More tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment