Sunday, December 29, 2013

That's a Wrap

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 195 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 917.8 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 464.5 Money Found For Food Bank: $3.74

As planned, the trio of running gal pals hit the road for one last tromp through the streets for 2013! It just seemed right for it to be the three of us given all of the running we've collectively done together this year. That it was the coldest morning we've had in a week, well, that couldn't be helped!

There were a few things working against us this morning besides the cold (with a wind that took a couple of nasty slaps at us along the way). First, it is break, so Pit Crew #2 wasn't especially stoked about not sleeping in. Fortunately for me, spending time together trumped sleep!

The other issue was our running fuel, aka: last night's dinner! We celebrated Christmas with some friends which included a super-yum dinner of pizza which was the chaser to the artichoke dip I made. While I am not a great fan of pizza, the exception to that rule is when thin crust pepper jack and pineapple pizza is available. Well, then, all bets are off, and step aside, please! It was all delicious, and I felt every bit of it throughout our first mile this morning! Oh, and I really didn't care!

(Side note ... 'want to see what my friend make me for Christmas? Check it out!!):
Are those ornaments fabulous or what ?! I love me some
Christmas bulbs that bling!! It makes me forgive the pizza
dinner. Oh, wait ... she didn't make me eat it. I did that all
by myself. CRAP, no one to blame but me ...
I was going to sucker PC#2 into a longer run than we ended up doing, but the cold wind blew that notion right of my head. I would have powered through the pizza issue, but the combo of that and frigid gusts kept my distance expectations in check! We boogied through one drive-thru to the tune of 3 cents. That drive-thru is another reason I wanted PC#2 with me because she is the one who suggested I ever go through it in the first place, so it just made sense to have her with me to round out this aspect of this year's running!

Very quickly, we were finished:
Thank you, gal pals, for being with me
for so many miles ... physically and in
supportive spirit!
I realized a couple of things while on this run, all topics pointing to the fact that I'm pretty much a tool. First: Another reason I thought it would be cool to have this run with PC#2 is because I know our virtual medals are on their way, and I thought they might show up today. So, how cool would it be to run together again and get our medals?! SO cool ... until I realized it is Sunday ...

Second: I've been rolling around the idea of taking a Rest Week before the end of the year for a couple of months now. Recently, I got on board to finally plan on that, and it was going to start tomorrow. But, today, I realized I committed myself to the do-something-every-day for 2014 thing, and I now have no more full weeks left! Doofus!

And, finally: If I'm going to do something every day of 2014, that includes the first ... which follows our annual New Year's Eve appetizer dinner. If I thought last night's dinner was bad running fuel, I'm in for it on Wednesday. Now, that's some excellent planning, don'tchathink ?!

Oh well. That run will count in its own way, but not in any grand, getting ready to rock way. In the meantime, I have two days off, so I'm going to enjoy them! I'll check in tomorrow and let you know what went down. I just hope I don't end up meaning that literally. You'll understand ... see you then ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment