Wednesday, December 18, 2013

One More ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 190 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 899 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 451.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $1.92

I think someone was excited to run today as she positioned herself right in front of me when I was about to walk out the door. You know. So I wouldn't forget her:
I think she was suspicious, though, seeing as her ears were back. That's her "getting ready to be disappointed but not giving up hope" look. In truth, I had no plans to take her because I suspected there was still quite a bit of ice along today's route. I was going especially after yesterday's 6 on the gross treadmill, but I was not going to look out for four additional feet while working to maintain my uprightness. I finally broke it to her:
"Aw, crap, ma!!!"
Don't worry. She got over it.
My suspicions were completely correct (unfortunately for me) ...
OR was it actually a little bit of awesome because I could take
walk breaks with the perfect excuse to do so? I'll never tell ...
The above was actually tame compared to some of the areas (like the glare ice upon which I skated ... necessary as it was through a drive-thru, just sayin'!), but there were plenty of stretches completely clear. Those are the same places I found money today. Boo.Yah.

You may or may not have noticed that today's route brought me within one mile of my year-end goal. That's right: One. I tinkered with routing options on mapmyrun.com to go ahead and finish four, but almost every option I designed fell short by a few tenths or went way over, and, you know what? It just didn't matter. I decided to stick with my plan, carry on with my day, and punctuate the goal on Friday with not just hitting it but exceeding it.

I think that plan is outstanding.

Also outstanding was seeing this today:

You just don't see that every day on a run!
I love it!
The best part of today was being outside. The best part of tomorrow is it's Rest Day ... perfectly timed right before a big milestone! I'll see you then ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment