Friday, December 13, 2013

Just Beat It

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 187 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 887 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 448.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $1.85

As of yesterday, what I knew was that this morning's run was to beat the snow. It turns out, it was to beat the freezing rain (woah!! way worse!). But, before we got this ...
Just as it started, about an hour after our run ended. Looks like
not much but would be a total buzz kill to run on it and
face plant! Just. Sayin'.
... we had this!
How do you beat that?!
It changes in seconds ... much like from this to freezing rain!
In between these two weather features, Elly and I had a really good run this morning! My cupcake last night did not do in my energy (thanks to a dinner well-planned around the dessert indulgence! You gotta have priorities, right ?!), and that was a good thing since it was the week's longest run. I had on my new fantastic-blue shirt Aaron gave me, and I have to mention it feels so good to not only have warm running clothes that aren't black, but to also have ones that are not so old that there are crusty, unwashable spots where deodorant likes to live. I guess there's something to be said for proof that I make an effort not to stink even when I do ...

Anyway, while my pooch and I were having a perfectly lovely outing, it seemed someone recently had a bit of a bummer ...
In between penny finding, I also saw this:
Original slug bug white!!!! Wait ... there's no one to slug ...
(In our house, the original slug bug brings about the privilege of temporary immunity from being slugged. Immunity stops when the car is turned off so everyone can begin again with a clean slate.)

We went, we ran, and now, we cruise through the rest of Friday but not before a couple of notables. First, I was looking at the printed blog pages Aaron gave me yesterday, and last year's numbers show Elly has already logged more than 100 miles than she did in 2012!!! I had no idea she'd gone so far this year as compared to last!! I was thankful for this, too, because I sometimes see my numbers, then I see hers, and I wish I could up hers more. I'm not wanting hers to match mine as that's impossible due to protecting her from weather issues and understanding she's a lazy hound not built to stress herself on double digit runs. But, I do want her to have as much opportunity as possible to be out there as it's probably the best way I can possibly take care of her.
"With all of the running and the ear
rubbin'-teeth brushin'-huggy-kissy times, I
am the picture of health, mommy! SLURP!"
The other notable is that I'm a tool ... I thought I was going to hit my goal of 900 miles on Sunday and was all blown away by how fast that came about until I double checked before patting myself on the back only to find out that 887 + 4 does not equal 900. Math whiz, at your service!

Dr. Phil always tells people who are having money issues and can't decipher what is really going on, "It's math, not magic." So, apparently, my mileage only goes up when I actually run them and not by magic, so that excitement has to wait a few days! Until then, though, we not only have a miles to run, but we also have Rest Days to enjoy! One of those is scheduled for tomorrow, and I'll check in then!

No comments:

Post a Comment