Tuesday, December 24, 2013

When Half Is a Whole

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 193 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 910.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 462.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $2.96

Last night, Aaron asked how far I was running today. After I told him, he asked if I'd like company! Whuuuuuuuut ?? The forcasted temperature was that it was going to be frigid-cold. But, he offered! My plan* was for a strolling-kind of two miles (can you tell I'm riding out the year in an easy slide?), so I didn't argue about the temp and accepted the offer!

*side note: Not until I sat down to write and looked at my scheduled plan for today did I realize I slotted myself for four miles today. I had no idea until now. Hahahahahahaha! I love it. And, I'm not even sorry for having cut it in half!!

With a short distance plan, we set no alarms (ahhhh ... I think my real Christmas break goal is to see just how many days I can sleep in. So far, I'm three for four!!). Once up, I saw the thermometer read 2 degrees. TWO!! I kind of giggled. Hey ... it was like a theme today: Two people, two miles, two degrees. Awesome!

ANYWAY, yes. It was cold. And, things are still covered with ice. See?
You can see the sparkles here ...
You gotta love a little morning bling!
And, check out the grass!
Elly is no fan of this ...
And, the trees ...
Nothing was keeping us back, though! I got ready, Aaron super-bundled, and we were off. Wait, did I say there were two people? I kinda meant three ...
It's the return of JINGLE JACQUES!!!
For being 2 degrees, it wasn't that bad out because there was no wind. By the way, no wind is a face-saver!! It's also an attitude saver ... Anyway, we trotted along chatting about the day's plans and the evening plans and things we're excited about for tomorrow. All the while, Elly and Jacques did their thing:
"GET ON GOIN', DOG!! WE HAVE
ROAD TO COVER!!" (You might recall
Jingle Jacques is bossy ...)
Along the way, I thought about those visuals of the old year leaving as an old man while baby New Year comes along. I always think about how weird it is for that dude to age so much in one year. But, on this run ... a two-mile run ... where I was really kind of tired, I kind of got it. For sure, this next week is the 2013 Running Nancy shuffling off of the calendar page for a much earned rest to make way for a vibrant, ready to take on the streets runner. In new running shoes.

But, not before a few more outings!

In the meantime, we wrapped up today's jog much better for having done so. And, a little chilly once we stopped:
My frosty-faced man ...
But, not without happy hearts for starting the morning off together:
Jingle Jacques says, "DARN TOOTIN'
it's awesome to spend time with ME!"
And, tomorrow? We celebrate! Given the buzz about the house, I'm certain I'll be three for five on days slept in ... just sayin'!!

Enjoy your evening no matter how you're winding down or gearing up for tomorrow!! I'll see you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment