Sunday, August 26, 2012

Work It Out

Late last week, there was a cosmic conversation that I wanted to go like this:

Nancy's Plans: Boy, I have a lot of things I'd like to do by the weekend.
Life: Oh, really? Okay, let's see ... I think I fit in what I have in mind another day.
Nancy's Plans: Really? That's excellent. I appreciate your consideration.
Life: That is no problem whatsoever. In fact, I'll just wait until it's better for you. Or, I'll forget it entirely. That's a possibility, too.
Nancy's Plans: That's awesome. I'll be back in touch. Or not.
Life: Either way. Carry on.

The cosmic conversation, however, actually went like this:

Life: BAM! Here you go, something new! Deal with it now!
Nancy's Plans: Oh ... my ... Well, thanks, but I have a whole other idea.
Life: Too bad.
Nancy's Plans: Crap.

Yup, as indicated at the end of the week, Life got in my way a little bit, and it carries over 'til tomorrow. Tomorrow being a running day, I shifted my plans (fortunately, I'm more flexible than Life), and I ran tomorrow's run this morning.

This worked out just fine running-wise, and it worked out great for other reasons. First, it made for a very happy puppy!
Did I hear my leash? I think I did, and I'm soooo happy!!
Second, it being the weekend, Aaron was home and willing to join me!
Hooray for a moving trio!! Good for everybody!!
And, last, I picked a route that I most definitely would not have taken tomorrow, and I scored these:
Three more pennies for the Food Bank and the cutest little acorn
you ever did see!
Indeed, Life can get in the way, and it's not always fun. But, fortunately, there are often ways to still accomplish what you originally intended. So, I managed to get my running in around what I didn't plan. I did not manage to do the laundry when I meant to, though, so that's lasting well into this evening! Whoopsie ...

See you tomorrow on a not running day!

No comments:

Post a Comment