Saturday, August 18, 2012

Gimme Five!

As planned, it was a really early run this morning. The alarm going off at 5:40 a.m. was rude. I haven't been up that early for a run for a very long time, but I had a conference to attend, and I didn't get to pick when it started (if you can even believe they didn't ask my opinion ...). So, it was up and at 'em out the door by 6 a.m. Well, that was the plan. I finally got out the door at 6:05 a.m. You'd think 5 minutes wouldn't make a huge difference, but on days when I actually have to be somewhere, it does! Oh well ... just made me not dawdle. Much.

At least when I'm up that early, I get to see such a view:
Love it! See the airplane?!
Now that's nice!

What's not nice at all is that more than a month following July 4th, I'm still getting faked out by these little thingies!!
It's one of those things that comes off of the firework tubes.
*sigh!* There are so many out there!! ... Oh, and you noticed
how off center the pic is? Yeah. I was tired. 6 a.m., people!
Fortunately, I got the real thing just down the road:
Inching closer to that $6 mark!
With a little jingle in my pocket, I cruised along this morning. The air was super crisp, and I loved every step of it! I passed a woman running who was wearing capri pants ... yup, it's cool enough to sport those in the early hours right now for a lot of people! (I need the temps to drop about 15-20 degrees and get into the 40s before the shorts to go the wayside, but it was nice to see a glimpse of what's to come. I LOVE THE COLD!)

It was cool enough, though, that this site ... the very same site that would have drawn me in like a moth to a flame to actually utilize just a couple of weeks ago ... gave me the shivers and I got very far away to avoid even a mist:
I wasn't quite sure how the run was going to go for two reasons. First, I haven't run 5 miles in about 6 weeks, so I was curious about how this was going to feel. Second, I have to confess that I didn't stretch out at all. Wise? No. And, that's really all I can even say about that: Not Wise. But, fortunately, all went really well. In fact, it would have been an awesome run except that my sinuses still hurt, and they drained like crazy for all 5 miles. Gross!

But, for all of my grossness, I was greeted by a very, very waggy friend upon my return home:
"There's mommy!!! You're home!!! And,
I'm so thankful you didn't make me go!!"
And, right at the end, I scored something fun for the BB box!
An excellent addition to the BB collection. Oh, and I spared you
of the runny nose sitch ... you're very welcome ...
It's weird to think that I haven't run this length for so long yet it felt like I do it all the time. I think persevering over these years is finally paying off! That bodes well for the many miles I have to log before the Half Marathon!

OH! Speaking of logging miles. PC#2 started her training for the Komen run in September. Remember her goal is to run all 3 miles without stopping. She and Aaron went out today, and she ran all but the very last uphill stretch of road!! That's the same 300-step hill I've complained about, so I get why she stopped there!! So awesome, and way to go, Crewers! (Aaron did it all, too, so here's a tip of the hat to him!)

And, tomorrow, we rest!! I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment