Monday, August 13, 2012

On My Own

Again with the cool morning!!! I don't know what's going on with the temperatures, but I. Am. LOVING. It!!!

As much as Elly loved the Saturday outing with the break from the heat, it's clear she's just not a morning hound. (She's like her mommy only with an actual choice to just nap in the middle of the floor at will.) When she saw me come toward the kitchen, she did a little slink-a-roo around the corner and parked herself as far back as she could in the family room.
"This early-morning run business is getting in the way of my
morning nap time. I'm so over it."
I went closer, and she didn't move a muscle. Well, she moved her eyes to further avert them, but I'm not counting that:
"I'm not looking, so she doesn't see me."
I got out of bed a wee bit later than intended, so, as I needed to get a move on this morning, I wasn't in the mood to convince her to come with me only to have her lolly-gag and slow me down. So, she got her way, I got mine, and everyone won!

This morning's was a great run. And, today, I actually mean run. I often tell people I'm not a very good runner but that I'm a great jogger, but there are times I find myself cruising along with some actual speed. I call those where-did-that-come-from (otherwise known as "great") days! This was the kind of run where I often think at the end, "Wow, if I did that during a Half Marathon, I'd be finished in lightening speed!" Then I remember that a Half is 3-4 times what I just did, and I giggle. And, then, I move on to the next training run whether its to run or jog!

I came home to a pup happy to see me. She even managed to stand her lazy self up and follow me outside! She wouldn't look right at the camera today, but she still gave the pup-a-razzi a good show:
"Is this my best side?"
"Or, is this?"
"I think it's this one, so let's get this money maker all kinds of
close up, shall we?"
"Awww ... daddy just told me how pretty I am ... I smell better
than mommy right now, too, so I am the morning winner!"
By the way, whose feet look faster?
She may have 4-wheel drive, but I have lightening shoe laces!!
That's another run in the books, and it's on to Rest Day tomorrow! I do love the rapid-fire Rest Days! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment