Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Getting Our Groove

Elly and I are really getting our groove with our new route. It's the one that's going to be the foundation of most of our school-year running (at least for now 'til I get super bored with it), so getting the rhythm of it down is good news.

While I am usually the one to come across the treasures, today was Elly's turn to come upon something that pleased her:
It's difficult to see here, but the girl found herself running through
a stream of water. The tongue on the nose says it all ...
Yeah, that trek through a stretch of water was fabulous for her but ultimately annoying to me. I mean, think about it ... what happens when you gulp down a whole bunch of liquid really fast? Often, you find yourself having to use the bathroom suddenly and frequently, do you not? Yeah, so did she. And, sometimes when she stops to do her business (which I do not photograph), she stays stopped for a second to investigate whatever else catches her eye (which I do photograph):
"Gotta check out the sites, mommy. Learned it from you, so
you can only blame yourself."
(It's hard to be upset with something that cute, isn't it?)
As I'm already stopped (for crying out loud), I may as well capitalize on the moment to capture a big ol' grin:
"You're so right. I am awesome. Cheeeeeeeeeeese!"
It was heating up fast this morning even as early as we were out, so I was glad to just log the miles and get on with the day. And, in case I hadn't clued in and already felt the heat that was coming on fast, well, my nose caught a hint!
I just caught a whiff of myself. That was
not good ...
Even on hotter mornings, it's always a nicer drive with the windows down rather than turning on the air. It's also more fun for some of us!
"This is awesome!!!"
"Make my ears dance!"
She's such a sweet girl. She even came to say hello rightinmyface when we were stopped at a light:
"How cute am I, mommy? I'll even share my drool with you.
See?"
Tomorrow's run is a super-short one, but I'm not complaining! I'm not even sure I have any of those left in the training schedule. Pause while I look ... SCORE!! There's one more after tomorrow!! YeeHa!!!! I'll take it! But, tomorrow's is first, so we'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment