Friday, August 31, 2012

A Friday Full of Goodness!

Today's tone = Much better than yesterday!! Ahh ... that's good news!

Happy Friday, everyone!! Ours started out with the sky melting ... otherwise known as rain to most people.
Oh, yes ... that's a wet tire track. Proof of rain!
And, we need some proof because it's a little
hard to believe ... The fake frog dug it, though.
It has been so long since we've seen rain that I'm not even cranky knowing it's supposed to keep on coming through tomorrow morning which will require my long run to be on the treadmill. (Woah ... I'm so not cranky about it that I didn't even call it the dreadmill ... that tells you how long it's been since I've been forced upon it!) If I really do have to use it for tomorrow's seven-miler, we'll see just how I feel after ... you've been warned.

In the meantime, check this out ... Remember this very long, steady incline in the GO! St. Louis Half Marathon?
I'm glad I got a really cool shot amidst the mental pain ...
The incline is somewhat deceiving especially when all of those people are on it. And, frankly, you don't want to be there at Mile 6 looking ahead and not seeing an end-of-hill in sight. So, I played a few mind games to keep me going, but it is this 2-mile stretch that haunts me a wee bit as I look ahead to registering to run it again next April. Part of the reason it haunts me is because I fear exaggerating what it is.

But, it turns out, I knew what I was talking about!! Yeah!! (Oh, wait ... I just celebrated being right about something sucking ... Oh, well, still right!) The GO! St. Louis crew held a contest to actually name that part of the stretch! ('Seems I really knew what I was talking about! I rule!) Check out the winning name!

THAT'S funny!
Here's the website hosting this pic
and article!
Is that fabulous or what?!?! Well done, contest winner, Rick Heinrichs, well done! I hope they make shirts. I will totally buy one.

By the way, early registration opens on September 4 for that run. That winning name makes it super-enticing to take on, does it not?! Whee!!

Back to current day, the weather's bouncing back and forth, so I'm not sure if the run tomorrow will be inside or out. It looks like I need Plans A and B (the first requiring mapping the run, the latter strongly suggesting making sure some good stuff is on the DVR because I'm going to be there a while!!).

While I ponder my plans, I can also reflect on a much-needed great Friday! And, great it was starting off with breakfast with a dear friend where I treated myself to a super-yummy meal:
... and wrapping up the day with my fabulous family!! Here's to a Happy Friday and a great weekend! I'll see you after the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment