Thursday, August 30, 2012

Setting the Day's (Unfortunate) Tone

So, why the look? We just finished running, and we have a Rest Day tomorrow ... so, what's up?
 
What's up is that after a good run -- minus the 852 potty stops someone had to make -- we both ... yes, both ... slipped off of this curb:
Like we didn't know it was there or what? I hate those curbs
sporting cloaks of invisibility!
Fortunately, no one got hurt. I kind of ski-slid off of it, and Elly stumbled forward but kept her paws to the pavement. A stumble here and there happens for sure, but I have to say that once I've signed up and paid for multiple runs coming in the near future, I'm not down with falling down ... 'kind of gives the heart a jolt, you know?

Unfortunately, this was a bit of foreshadowing of the majority of my day (going fine, going fine ... whoopsie! ... no harm, no foul ... keep going, going fine, whoopsie! ... you see where this is going). But, here we are at the end of the day, and there's promise for a smoother ride tomorrow! I'll see you on Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment