Tuesday, August 14, 2012

From Running To Resting: Marking One Year Of Words!

Today marks one year of documenting my running journey on this blog!! Happy Anniversary to me and my many words! (Aaron tells me I have "lots of words" all the time. He's not wrong.) On this day a year ago, I ran 10 miles in preparation for the upcoming Roots & Blues Half Marathon. Fast forward a year, and it's a Rest Day. Rather poetic, don't you think?!

Okay, so here's part of what I did on this Rest Day ... I played the biggest game of checkers I've ever seen with PC#3 at the library! Check it out:
There he is. Ready to take me on.
Looks pretty smug taking yet another piece
of mine, doesn't he?
Smug graduated to exuberance. He didn't
know what was about to hit him, though ...
Oh, yeah ... a triple jump capturing all of
the rest of his kings. Once again, patience
pays for the Puppy Pacer!
PC#3 quickly recovered from the beat down. He even found
these ads on some magazines and took this picture for me of
my Olympic hero. (By the way, have you heard Apolo is in the
casts of the upcoming Dancing With the Stars all-stars or
whatever they're calling it?!?! He's also supposed to announce
if he's participating in the 2014 Olympics by tomorrow ...!!)
I love PC#3, too -- got him a slushie on
our way home. He never gets slushies, so
this was a treat!
I'll share with you what I picked up to read at the library soon. It's all a part of my continual thinking-planning-overhauling of my world to keep it the healthiest and most well-rounded it can be. (Wait 'til you see what I picked up, and you might wonder how it fits in with what I just said!) That post is to come, but, in the meantime, I have a run in the morning. So, I'll see you after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment