Friday, August 10, 2012

Goal Accomplished!

Happy Friday! Happy Rest Day!!

This may look like an ordinary bunch of cut-up strawberries in a ghost bowl:
To me, it was a vision of beauty as I started to make my breakfast this morning. I looked in the fridge just knowing I needed to cut some berries up for my oatmeal when I found a whole stash already cut!! Thank you, Aaron, for starting my day off like that!!

It's the little things, you know?

And, now, on to bigger and better. Remember the 26.2 summer challenge the junior crewers took on to run or walk the marathon distance during the summer? The finale was last night, and it was a great event!! At the finale, all participants ran their last 1.2 mile, signed up for prize drawings and had a free barbecue dinner! How cool is all of that?

Here they are in motion --
There's PC#2 cruising along! She really
rocked her run which is cool because that
was her goal!
And, there she is finishing! So happy!
There's our boy crossing the finish line! He set out and did
exactly what he set out to do, too ... finish!
I love this picture -- I'm so in touch with that emotion!
PC#3 recovered quickly, and we celebrated with a yummy dinner! By the way, could they have had a better setting? It was sooooo pretty! Check it out:
As we were leaving, we noticed there were quite a few unclaimed t-shirts, so the Crewers decided it was important that I had one since I did all of the miles with them. PC#3 directly asked the event staff if I could get one and told them why, and they happily agreed!
This shirt rocks!! Soooo not the ugly brown, black or rust ones
I always complain about ... Thanks, Crewers!!
Congratulations, Pit Crewers, on accomplishing this goal!! Way to set your minds, push forward and get it done!! Dad and I are very proud of you!!

With that, it's on with the rest of Rest Day and gearing up for the morning run!! See you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment