Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lightening Fast

Say hello this morning to Miss Molasses:
Oh ... my .,. gosh she was pokey!! See?
Wait, I just got her butt on that one ... let's try again ...
Ah, there she is! It wasn't even hot, and she'd been up long enough to take care of her first-in-the-morning biz (we're all cut from a similar mold, are we not?), have her breakfast and have some very necessary laying-around time before I ever approached her with her leash.

So, I'm not sure what her deal was, but it worked out great for her because something toddled along our route that left a fantastic dog-sniffing scent. I smelled nothing, but Elly was not to be deterred for a good quarter mile. Good times!
Well, that's the chance I take when I bring her with me, And, that's okay. She's so cute, and it's so good for her, and every time I heard her toenails scrape the street, I thought, "Yay!" So, everyone wins even when it's a little annoying.

Good news, though, I managed to remember to lace up my new shoes last night for this morning's run! Wow, what a difference a new pair of shoes made this morning! My feet have been hurting after running for the last few weeks, and it took me a while to figure out, Oh, hey ... perhaps I need to replace my shoes! Duh.

So, on with the flashy laces ...

(This is what they look like without their laces getting all snazzed up ... not as fabulous if you ask me!)
By the way, if you've been watching the Olympics, you might have noticed that almost all of the men track participants wear shoes the same color as my lightening shoe laces. It's amazing how in style I am! (That color does make their feet look super fast by the way! Not to mention they are super fast ...)

Out for another run in the morning! See you after ...

No comments:

Post a Comment