Friday, August 17, 2012

Celebrate, Big or Small!

First thing's first. This is a miracle:
Almost every year when the temperature drops to the lovely Fall figures, I tend to make a round or two of chocolate chip cookies. Last night, I thought it would be a fun treat to have some warm cookies after dinner. PC#3 helped roll the dough into balls so they'd be ready to pop in the oven while we ate. (Oh, yes, a treat indeed!)

Two things are noteworthy, though, as they relate to choices I keep working on. First, I bought the smallest roll of cookie dough. Not the "family" size, not the tub, the smallest. That way, we got a treat but wouldn't be over-doing it as we most certainly have in the past. (Suffice it to say there has been no self control involved when it comes to the presence of cookie dough. I know we're in the majority there!) Second -- and the real miracle -- It's the next day, and there's still dough in the fridge!! Who did what with the Nancy and Aaron I know and love?! I saw this bowl this morning and smiled in celebration. Leftover cookie dough ... That, friends, is making a great choice and moving forward!

I can and will celebrate anything that is a positive addition or change to my world! Why not?! That's how this whole running thing kicked off -- by celebrating the smallest of victories. Some days, the victory was running around the corner. Other days, it was running two miles in a row. And, on many other days, the victory was simply getting out there and going. It all builds on itself, so celebrate the wins as they come!

Elly had much to celebrate today, too. She didn't have to hide from me to avoid a too-early-for-her run as it's Rest Day, but I did take her on a walk which she was all about doing!! See how happy?!
She had a great time because we were walking which meant she got to really put her sniffer to use:
She sniffed here ...
... there ...
... and, oh my gosh ...
... everywhere!
I picked a route that tends to be flush with treasures. Today, we scored big!
Lovin' the shiny green bead!
This was a perfect way to enjoy a Rest Day morning. The walk wasn't long, but it was something, and it felt great for both of us. It was also in the 60s ... nice!!!

While we were out for some mini exercise, Daphne was home participating in her favorite exercise in futility:
The mighty stalker at work ...
With that, I must map a run for tomorrow. It's a 5-miler, and it's going to be super early. That's going to work great temperature-wise, but it's probably going to do a number on my current sinus issues (cool air + raw sinuses = ouchie). That's okay ... comes with the territory, and it'll be over pretty quick.

Have a great Friday, and celebrate whatever victory you make happen today! See you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment