Saturday, August 1, 2015

Schedule Overflow

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 638.5 (running: 467; walking: 26.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $51.85
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 638.5 Aaron: 383.8 (b: 349.1; w: 34.7)  Elly: 131.5 Total: 1153.8

That busy day was centered
around these two: NO
complaints from me!
You know how you have some days that are so overbooked you're not sure how it all fit in to your waking hours? That was yesterday ... Good day. Great day, in fact. But full, full, full. I think it's best running wasn't on the schedule.

It was a day that lasted into the beginning of this one, though (cracking the code: I was up way past midnight), so, when the alarm went off to get me up to run, I immediately said to Aaron, "Nope. Not happening today. I seriously cannot get up to run." (Do you hear the disdain in my voice at the idea of running? Is that disdain, or is that defeat? Either way ...)

Even though my body was happy to stay in bed post-hateful alarm, my brain woke up. I wishing myself to fall back asleep, I kept reminding myself that my weekend plan was to run Saturday, sleep Sunday. I like it like that. There's also a chance of rain for Sunday morning which would thwart the whole impromptu planning. UGH. Staying in bed wasn't going to work. I had to get up and go.

I can't really complain, though, because I had good company with Elly. She was super excited to be able to join me, and I was happy to have her with me. It was good to be together out there; it's been a while! I even found a tiara on the ground that she tried on right after our first mile. But, as I was evidently too tired to remember to put a memory card in the camera, the only picture of that moment exists in my head. That's unfortunate, too, because how many times does one find a tiara when out running. I'm just sayin'.

We plodded through our 4 1/2 miles, and I'm pleased to report we did so happily.
The 'happily' part surprised me, pleasantly so! And, since I made the effort, the morning plan stays in tact: SLEEP. I'm lacking in the sleep department more than I'm falling short on my running miles, so that will be a well spent morning!

Make your Sunday everything you need it to be! I'll be checking in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment