Saturday, August 15, 2015

Too Close To Let Sit

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 674.3 (running: 500.1; walking: 29.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $53.50

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 674.3 Aaron: 416.6 (b: 372.9; w: 43.7)  Elly: 147.9 Total: 1238.8
 
I didn't plan to run this morning. Then I looked at my mileage and saw I was less than two miles away from rolling 500. Being that close was unacceptable. So, I put my running shoes on ...
 
My year-end running goal is 900 miles, and I've been pretty sure I'm behind on that. But, then, I see where I'm at, and I'm not so sure it's as unattainable as I thought. By my quick calculations, it will require about 95 miles a month. I'm pretty comfortable at 80 a month and have never aspired to log more.
 
It's now time to decide how uncomfortable I want to be ...
 
In the meantime, the morning run was good for its purpose. All of the Change Hounds participated (and all who could speak articulated feeling a little more stiff from yesterday than anticipated!). I rolled my mileage counter, and miles were added to the year-long goal. And, sometimes, that's enough.
"That was plenty for me, mommy!"
The next two days are full from top to bottom, and I'm taking them off from running. I'll be back at it Tuesday! Enjoy the next few days, and start your week off just the way you want! I'll be checking in soon ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment