Friday, August 14, 2015

Together

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 672.9 (running: 498.7; walking: 29.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $53.49

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 672.9 Aaron: 415.2 (b: 372.9; w: 42.3)  Elly: 146.5 Total: 1234.6
 
While I didn't spend a lot of time on build-up and fanfare (because it's Summer and I hardly ever know what day it is much less surround them with frills!), today was the day for the Family Run I envisioned a number of months back! Spoiler alert: This one went so well, and we all enjoyed it so much, that there's another vision of one brewing in my brain to accomplish before the end of the calendar year! WooHoo!!
 
To be honest, there isn't a whole lot to report about the runs themselves. Everyone was fully prepared, the weather completely cooperated (read: low on the humidity), and even though alarms had to be set and, in some cases accidentally turned off without waking up to get up, all participants eagerly participated.
 
BAM. That's pretty perfect!
 
Pit Crew #2 and I got in a quick pic before heading out for our 6.1 miles ...
The boys didn't get a pic at their start, but I got them coming in:
Remember yesterday when I said he would
be the goofiest? It's like I know him ...
Here comes a proud duo!
Elly was absolutely the most excited of all of us. See?
Here's the real money shot, though:
It was a great way, indeed, to start our day and inspire some morning groove!! I'm already looking forward to the next one! That gives me something to contemplate as the running continues ...

No comments:

Post a Comment