Friday, August 21, 2015

Seriously. These Animals.

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 685.3 (running: 511.1; walking: 29.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $54.53

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 685.3 Aaron: 416.6 (b: 372.9; w: 43.7)  Elly: 154.9 Total: 1256.8
 
I came home from my run today to see this:
Oh for real.
It's like she put herself in a kitty jail. She's kinda dorky like that.

Speaking of dorky, I had the Queen of all Dorkdom with me this morning on my run ...
She's not looking forward because she's in the thick of her I-just-know-I'm-gonna-get-hit-by-a-car-on-this-sidewalk paranoia. So, as usual when she gets like this, she's constantly looking backward which also creates a strong resistance for me. I could look at it as good resistance training, but I don't. It's very annoying.
I have to take pause when she pulls this, though, because the fear is very real to her. And, it's not like I haven't conjured up things in my head to make myself all paranoid about, and, the fact is, the dog has loved me through a number of those moments. So, what can I do but slow down when I need on her behalf even if that means coming to a complete halt. My love for her far outweighs my annoyance of this adult-onset weirdness.
 
We did a quick three miles today (scoring more than 10 cents per mile: BAM), so it was a great start to this Friday! Not so great is for the person who lost this:
I know it's just an apple, but you know someone was counting on that at some point in the day. And, when that point came, all they could do was look around wondering how in the world they misplaced an entire apple. Their search would be ... wait ... for ... it ... fruitless.

I. Rock.

Tomorrow is another morning run! With Pit Crew #2 by my side and a specific agenda in mind, it'll be a great start to the day! I also have new upcoming plans and goals that I'll share soon ... I'm actually pretty excited!!

I hope your Friday was fantastic!! I'll be checking in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment