Friday, August 28, 2015

Elly's New Adventure

Join me in cheer!!
Because I didn't run this morning, I got just a smidge of extra sleep before starting the day. That was probably a good thing not only because I needed the break but also because my head was all kinds of loaded with allergy goo in my sinuses. YUCK! I'm sure that'll return for tomorrow morning's run; that ought to make Aaron all kinds of excited that he agreed to join me! (*cough*hack*patooey* ... ahhh ... he's certain to fall in love all over again ...)

Before throwing myself in to a day full of things to do, I started it off by going out for a tasty Diet Coke complete with taking my best furry friend for a ride with me!
Elly says, "YAHOO!!! Here we go an adventure!!!!!"
I'm wanting to teach her what "Go for a ride" means so she can understand (a) why she gets to go into the garage without a leash, and (b) so she can put her expectations of the outing in the right place.

I think part (b) is going to take a while given this is what she looked like when we pulled back into the garage and she'd not gotten out of the car since getting in:
"Wait ... that's it?!"
*super-sulk sigh ...*
Not to fear, she perked up as soon as she hopped out of the car because that's probably the very moment she totally forgot what bummed her out. In fact, she put her face right in Lizzy's upon crossing the threshold in a, "I got to go somewhere and you didn't" way. Yeah, I think she's fine!

Regardless of Elly's emotional roller coaster, it was a great way for me to start a Friday!! The rest of the day has been busy and productive and seems to be setting the best stage possible to start the weekend!! May your Friday be as good, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment