Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Good Day, Rainbow Sunshine!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 695.5 (running: 520.3; walking: 30.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $56.69

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 695.5 Aaron: 426.8 (b: 382.1; w: 44.7)  Elly: 155.9 Total: 1278.2
 
So much good came from this morning's run that it completely outweighed the torture of getting up while it was still dark! I'd like to say I'm being dramatic, but, I'm not a morning person. So, 'torture' is appropriately used!
 
First, it was somewhere in the low 50s when I started! That is awesome running weather!! It's the kind of temperature where you can still wear shorts if you want, but capris are also comfortable. And, you break a good sweat, but it's not one that's draining the very life out of your body. It's pretty fantastic!
 
The weather was so good, in fact, that I went ahead and added a mile to my outing because all factors to support that (namely, the weather and the fact that I started to wake up) were in place. I enjoyed all parts of my outing including those moments I needed to stop-and-scoop. No, not doggie doo (I can't say I ever enjoy that) ... this:
Another $1.70 to the Food Bank stash!!
When is the last time you have even seen a silver dollar much less found one? I KNOW!! And, just as a status report, last year, I found a total of $63.64 for the Food Bank. I am within less than $10 of that, and I still have 3 months to add to the stash! Buh-BAM!!
 
Another fun moment was when running along a strip of businesses and seeing this in the window:
The window glare doesn't do it justice,
but you get the basic visual.
OF COURSE the colors caught my eye! So, I had to stop. I also really liked what that ol' sun had to say on its rays. On the left, it reads:
"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around
to remind me who I'm supposed to be."
On the right, it reads:
"So it's easier to remember who I am."
 
Good golly, how many ways can you apply that to your life, past or present?!
 
Between pondering the rainbow sun's quote and trying to figure out my running schedule for the rest of the week, I had a great last mile to my finish! With regard to my schedule, I'd almost settled on not running tomorrow because I think I need to Thursday and Friday, but then I saw my mileage counter is at fewer than five miles to turn the overall movement miles into the 700s. So, I think I must run. At least, that's where things sit right now ...
 
Even though the weather was awesome, it wasn't a great day to take Elly. Don't feel too bad for her, though, because she took us on a walk last night ... but not before I got her picture in front of my fantastic patch of zinnias!
To get her to sit before going for a walk is a trick in and of itself, so there was no way she was going closer to the flowers!

Oh, and on our walk, as it was quickly getting dark, we encountered a snake:
Aaron declareed, "Snake!!" and it scared the crapazoid out of me!
It demonstrated its 'they're more scared of us than we are of them' thing as it worked on hauling ass (wait ... is that the right thing to say about a snake?) across the road. I helped it by running toward it because it wasn't like the big, huge, scary one Pit Crew #2 and I saw a few weeks back (the one that scared me so much there was no way I would take its picture). And, yes, I was helpingish ... Aaron loves these creatures, and I would have just hated it for him if it got squished by a car.

So, I think I'm running tomorrow. Or, I'm not. I need to decide by early evening tonight so I can get it solid in my brain. I certainly can't decide in the morning because I already know the answer will be a resounding no especially as the change in temperature, while welcome, has fired up the ol' sinuses! I'll check in tomorrow with the verdict! Until then, I hope every part of your Tuesday is a great one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment