Monday, August 31, 2015

Mental Workout

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 714.7 (running: 538.3; walking: 31.6; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $59.18

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 714.7 Aaron: 432 (b: 382.1; w: 49.9)  Elly: 162.1 Total: 1308.8

I came across this in my morning Facebook scan, and it made me grin:
And, THEN, I came across THIS, and, well, no more words are required:
I hope either or both of those help to start your week off just right!! I did get out there for a run which was really good. Fortunately, there was just enough of a breeze that the humidity wasn't terrible. I saw a pretty cool sunrise, but having forgotten to put the memory card back in the camera ... well, it was a little Monday hiccup for me!

I had planned to run 4 miles but went ahead on to 5 seizing the moment when I was feelin' it and not thinking too much about it because I would have done a fine job justifying not going on for the extra distance! I'm thankful for running because it gives me a great opportunity to fight with myself about something that ultimately doesn't matter in terms of running. It does matter, though, in terms of making sure my perseverance gets a good, regular workout because that is applicable in every aspect of life!

Running rules.

Speaking of, it looks like running is on the books for the morning, too, as well as the beginning of the Run For the Dogs virtual challenge (remember how there's a daily or weekly -- or? -- core work challenge that comes with that? Anyone remember why, exactly, I signed up for that?!)! I'll let you know how day one goes ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment