Monday, August 3, 2015

Pushing Through the Pool Pain!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 643.5 (running: 472; walking: 26.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $51.88
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 643.5 Aaron: 398.2 (b: 363.5; w: 34.7)  Elly: 131.5 Total: 1173.2

Goooooood Monday, to you!
I hope your start to the week was just right for its kick-off! Mine went exactly like the above picture -- darker in the morning (it was morning, after all) with layers peeling back throughout the day until the sun completely came through! That's a pretty decent day if you ask me!

I was stoked to have PC#2 with me this morning. She was totally on board with the run thing except that very moment when I motioned to take a left on a loop we both kind of hate to run. But, running it gives us just that much more distance to round this route up to a full 5 miles instead of 4.7. So, there.

We were both a little Monday-foggy, so there wasn't much talking for the first half of the run. We did see this, though ...
... and, who could ask for more? C'mon! It's FREE.

I can't remember a word of what we discussed on the back half of this run. That's probably because the very tops of my thighs were screaming for me to stop. Suffice it to say, the multiple games of pool volleyball and the repeated jumping that entails gives certain muscles a workout they're not exactly used to. So, they scream. And, I'm not too proud to say it hurts!

It's worth it, though, especially when this is my partner who just looks at me like "what exactly is wrong with you" when I plod on mumbling "ow. ow. ow. ow."
I'm on my own tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to starting my day with a run! I'm sure it's not going to be any less painful, but I've come to expect it during the rest of pool season! It's kind of like I told PC#3 this afternoon at the pool when it took me 10 minutes to make a basketball shot that usually takes me just a few throws: It's not about how long it took; it's that I didn't give up. I rock at perseverance!!

Start your Tuesday about just the way you want; I'll be checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment