Thursday, August 27, 2015

Less Than Ideal

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 704.5 (running: 529.3; walking: 30.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $57.71

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 704.5 Aaron: 426.8 (b: 382.1; w: 44.7)  Elly: 160.9 Total: 1292.2
 
I set out for my morning run embracing the cool air even though it is wreaking havoc on my sinuses overnight! I'm not doing myself any favors by sleeping with the windows open, but I just have to. I love Fall temperatures even when we're not there yet!
 
So, my head was a little wonky, but there was still something a wee bit ... off. Something was wrong. I finally figured it out well into my second mile:
My lightening-fast speed made getting this action shot in
focus impossible ...
Through the haze, you are looking at shoes I retired from running more than a year ago. They're my default Nikes that I bought in desperation because nothing else had mesh at the toes that would contain my toes. These certainly took me across a number of miles, but they were never super-comfortable past the first few miles. Okay, they hurt. There was no spring in the sole, and they were just ... hard. They're great for walking around, though, and I wear them all the time for that. Well, for that and for the morning's my brain isn't plugged in and I put on the wrong shoes for running.

I was glad to realize this nonsense at a point there was nothing I could really do about it. Once you're in the middle of the run, there's nothing to do from there but finish! And, finish I did, minus any desired spring in my step!

See? There's nothing special required to run. Just the desire. -- True for most anything ...

Tomorrow is a Rest Day for sure. No ifs, ands or buts, I am taking a break 'til Saturday! I hope your Friday gets off on the right foot, and I'll be checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment