Monday, August 10, 2015

Just THICK

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 661.8 (running: 487.6; walking: 29.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $53.03

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 661.8 Aaron: 412.1 (b: 372.9; w: 39.2)  Elly: 143.4 Total: 1217.3
 
Okay, this blanket of humidity thing is really starting to get on our nerves! Pardon the broken-record message when I say this morning's run was just gross. It was the kind that I had enough sweat pouring off of me that it made it to the end of my ponytail which meant that in one false move, the ponytail was stuck to and wrapped around my neck.
 
AWESOME.
 
Unfortunately, the humidity really drained Pit Crew #2 today to the point she felt it most of the day. It really can just zap the energy from you deep on the inside -- these are the days to be most careful!
PC#2 was a champ about it all, though. Either that, or she was just so distracted by the fact that she had to use the bathroom for the last 2.5 miles of our 3-mile outing (yeah, that sucks ...) that she didn't think about the humidity hammering her. It was her personal plight that also made her impatient with Elly when the dog decided to be scared of traffic that was nowhere near her for a solid half mile of the run. Super duper!
 
All three of us made it back in tact, though. Was there ever really a doubt?
Tomorrow's another day, and it's another run! My fingers are crossed about the humidity lifting a bit, but I'm enough of a realist to know I just need to be prepared to take what comes! Have a great start to your Tuesday, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment