Thursday, August 6, 2015

Pampered Paws

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 653.3 (running: 479.1; walking: 29.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $52.67

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 653.3 Aaron: 399.7 (b: 363.5; w: 36.2)  Elly: 137.3 Total: 1190.3
 
Today was a pretty rockin' run because I got to take my pooch. There she is ...
... enjoying a frolic in the taller, dewy grass. Even though it was totally within the temperature range where I will take her with me, she jumped at every chance she had to run in the cool grass. I'm beginning to think I need to do some quick research to see if her internal regulator works as efficiently as she gets to be more of a senior. I mean, humans' change; I see it at Bingo at my dad's all the time. It's the opposite for most people around him where it seems many people get cold easier than I. But, nonetheless, something inside changes with us; why not dogs?

Um, duh, Aaron works with a million billion vets ... guess who was just zipped an email to throw around the building so as to get information or at least inspire small talk ... I'll get back with you with the result ...

Anyway, I didn't fight Elly on her chosen path. It helped that she kept moving, so it wasn't as annoying as such pursuits have been in the past. And, if it really was keeping her cool, I wasn't going to push. Besides, she was having so much fun burying her face in the wet grass. The evidence is sitting in the form of dew drops on her nose:
As the run went on, I will say the girl kept pulling over. I don't know if it was that awesome to feel the grass or if she could see the grassy area was about to end or what, but it started to get a bit excessive at one point. At least she picked a spot with weeds of my favorite color:
AND she threw her tongue out of her mouth just the way I love it. I win!

My run got started quite a bit later than I thought, and the pooch wasn't quite as full of energy as I thought (frankly, I think it even surprised her), but it was a good one. Every day I can run, every day that's healthy, every day that's full of blue sky and warm sun ... how could those not be good?

I'm resting tomorrow so Pit Crew #2 and I can run together Saturday! Have a great start to your Friday, and I'll be checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment