Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Little Things

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 647.5 (running: 476; walking: 26.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $52.61
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 647.5 Aaron: 398.2 (b: 363.5; w: 34.7)  Elly: 131.5 Total: 1177.2 *
 
 *Average monthly mileage required to hit year-end goal: Whiffed by the end of July, but completed a mere 4 days late ...

So, I came upon this morning's route:
That's not just regular road fix or construction: That's a total damper on finding money along that stretch! It's like this: That's a 4-lane road plus a center lane. It's a pretty busy road, and I cannot possibly tell you how many people Frogger across it instead of going to a crosswalk. Long-story-short, the city finally decided this simply wasn't safe, and a wall is being built in the center lane. I will say, though, it's the required Frogger activity that resulted in a pretty good haul of cash for the Food Bank. (If the Food Bank could have used pens, well, this is where there was a good stash of those, too.)

Anyway, public safety trumps runner's desire to find money along this stretch. Not that anyone asked me. At least it's on the way to a solid set of meters around which much money is found. That sounds like a win for everyone. Especially the people who played Frogger.

I won again when I rounded a corner that I've rounded-and-run at least 100 times and saw these for the very first time:
I know they're just coneflowers. But, they're purple. And, they're pretty. And, they're hidden amidst a whole mess of greenery. I have never seen them. And it was cool that they caught my eye today!

As almost always, today's run was about the little things, most of which had nothing to do with running. I certainly included in my morning prayers (always the way I start my runs) how thankful I am to have this ability, that I actually got up and went when I said I would, that I have running in my life which makes my life better ... all of that. Those are the big things. I just like the little things along the way, too ...

I hope your Tuesday was full of wonderful, little things! I'll be checking in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment