Saturday, August 8, 2015

Nice Day For a Swim

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 658.7 (running: 484.5; walking: 29.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $53.01

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 658.7 Aaron: 399.7 (b: 363.5; w: 36.2)  Elly: 137.3 Total: 1195.7
 
It was at the end of our first mile when I looked at Pit Crew #2 and said, "How are you enjoying your swim?" Holy buckets, it was humid out there!! The 75 degree temperature was a total sham as far as how it felt! We were all kinds of gross and smelly by the first mile; I'll spare you of how we wound up after all 5!
 
Getting there, though, was good. We finally got our legs going and in sync after that first mile, too, and we hauled it through the thick. As I made some kind of week-long popcorn proclamation on Monday and have spent every evening this week treating myself to a bowl (of the awesome-on-the-stove-top variety), I could feel the drag it put on me. But, because I knew where it was coming from, I powered through determined not to let that make for a poor run. I didn't want that to be the case, and PC#2 didn't deserve a lagging partner when it totally could have been avoided. Mind over matter totally worked here. It helps to have a clue about what's going on and why!
 
We enjoyed some chit-chat time as well as some 'light of day' processing as I like to call it (that talk, after some issue was being discussed the night before, to see what perspective came with the light of day). Our runs are good for all of that and any topic in between. They're also fun for site-seeing together. Check out what we came upon today:
PC#2 noted there's always one in a group with its head up
seeming to be on the lookout. When we came upon these, there
was just one on guard duty. I stood there long enough to inspire
one more. It either looked up for protection purposes or to make
sure its face was featured because it digs the paparazzi.
And, you can guess, if there's a flock of geese, there are landmines ...
Ewwww ...
But, standing in it seems like an awesome idea ...
The mileage add-on was a surprise to PC#2 whom I did not warn until we were out and about. As expected, though, she didn't really care. She's like that; she can just keep going.
 
That would not have been my case at her age, just sayin'. Unless I was on a soccer field. That's the space where I did not stop. In fact, I made it my mission to never look like I needed a sub, and it paid off. But, put me on a road and tell me to run for no apparent reason? Um, no. That would not have worked out well for anyone.
 
Even with the added distance and not leaving any earlier than usual, we still beat the boys to our pick up spot. We were pretty pleased by that.
With a less-than-perfect week to set us up for adding mileage as well as really less-than-ideal weather, I'm pretty proud of ourselves for today's run. Running aside, starting the day out with my girl was about as perfect as it gets!
 
And, tomorrow: We rest! Enjoy your weekend! I'll be checking in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment