Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Totally Worth Getting Up For

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 719.7 (running: 543.3; walking: 31.6; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $59.93

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 719.7 Aaron: 432 (b: 382.1; w: 49.9)  Elly: 162.1 Total: 1313.8

Oh, yes. THIS.
THAT was worth getting up early to see! And, it never ceases to amaze me how fast it all comes and goes. The brilliance of that sunrise lasted within a 15-minute window, and, then, it was done for the day. It changed so fast that when I first saw that apartment building from down the street, the bricks looked like they were on fire reflecting the sun. I completely diverted my route so I could run down to it. By the time I got there, it looked like the above picture. It's still cool, but it just changed that fast.

Not particularly fast, or even interested in moving, was this little guy!
I'm so glad I didn't step on him! He was kind of like our cats: Directly in the path of our feet, absolutely sees us coming, and totally standing ground so we have to go around! Who knew grasshoppers were defiant like kitties ...

But, then there was this guy:
I've so enjoyed seeing all of the squirrels collecting these walnuts that are way too big for their mouths! Before getting on to this brick wall, that squirrel was busy trying to bury his prize. And, then he saw me. And, unlike the grasshopper, he took off.

I stopped at a good distance, but that wasn't enough for him. He was all I'm outta here!
He thought he out-smarted me by going around to the other side. Psych!
"If my mouth weren't full, I'd have some words for you, lady."
In actual running news, my plan right now is to shoot for 20 miles a week, so I went ahead and did 5 again today. I figure I'll get some walking with Elly in tomorrow, then have a Rest Day before running Friday and Saturday. I don't think 80 miles a month will get me to my year-end goal, but it's a good restart at this point of the year. Maybe I'll actually try to hit the goal, maybe I won't. I do know that I most certainly will not be disappointed if I keep the monthly miles at 80, though, so I'll win either way.

Oh, and the virtual Run For the Dogs challenge that has a core work component? It actually starts tomorrow ...!! Wahoo!! I was so not in the mood to start core work today. I'm not saying I'll ever necessarily be in that kind of mood, but it works better in my schedule to put that off a day! That's another winning moment over here!*

So, tomorrow, I have got to get the dog out!! She's been so patient in the morning. Perhaps that's because she's not really that awake when I've been going, I don't know. But, tomorrow is time for her, and I'm totally looking forward to it!

On one of our local radio stations, the morning DJs decided Tuesday is the worst day of the week. I don't really happen to agree, and I hope that's not the case for you!! Do with it what will make it good, and Elly and I will check in after the morning outing!

*Update: I just checked my email, and apparently I am wrong and that the challenge starts today (like I thought it did!)! For real. Well, the instruction was to do the day's exercise before running, and, well, I'm finished!! So, the strategy now is to get the email one day but use it the next so I don't have to wait on its arrival to do it same day. I'm such a problem solver.

No comments:

Post a Comment