Sunday, February 9, 2014

Triggers

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 27 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 77.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 43 Money Found For Food Bank: $8.93 (this weather is killin' me here!!!)

I got on the treadmill this morning, and I felt like I was being watched. It's because I was:
You know how certain places, items, smells, whatevers can trigger something in your brain? (Like, Nancy hears 'treadmill': Nancy wants to cry.) This moment was a trigger for Elly because right in front of the treadmill sits this:
Normally, the dog house looks like this:
When I finally figured out to use Snoopy's
feet to hold the headphones, I felt all kinds
of genius!!
But, Elly has figured out that inside the dog house are these:
A whole stash of chewies!!!
I've had enough days of treadmill to have established a pattern for her: Mommy gets on the treadmill: I get a chewie. And, so it shall be!

I guess she figures if she can't be running, she may as well be snacking:
"I think I got the better end of the deal, mommy, don't you?"
I cranked out my three miles this morning and went on with the rest of our weekend. I'm pleased to report that my leg has progressed from a painful shuffle of forward motion to actually being able to handle the bounce of a jog. I'm still keeping it chill, and it's clear that one wrong move is going to be trouble in the stability department, but it's still progress. I'm now actually confident that I will have that day where I stop and think, "Oh, hey, my leg used to hurt ..." It's not coming for quite some time as the muscle is cramping and moaning even as I sit, but it is coming!!

Tomorrow is one of those busy Rest Days, so there will be weights, and there will be work, but I will not be greeting the treadmill. Poor Elly's belly ...

I'll check in then ... Have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment