Saturday, February 8, 2014

Modify

It's a tale as old as time: You walk into a situation or start up a new activity only to find out things don't work out the way you thought. I bet there is potential for this in any scenario you can come up with ... running (check!), having kids (check!), finally getting that 'dream' job (check!), family gatherings (check!), running an errand (check!). Seriously. Name it. The unexpected path/outcome concept can apply for better or for worse.

The key is to evaluate, modify, and try again. And, again. AND, again. Most of the time, the modifications pave the way to eventual success. (I know they always don't. That's why I said most ... but I like to focus on the positive and on where there's potential!) That path of modification is frustrating, though. I get that. But, I have a slew of relationships and race medals (not mutually exclusive nor comparable measures) as proof that the work can eventually pay off.

Most of what matters in life requires a lot of work, and today was one of those days for me. But, as you know, I don't like to sit and spin in it. So, weight work for the day out of the way, I sat and spun on down our sledding hill instead!
Our ode to the Olympics ...
Remarkably, my trail-rut-kickin'-leg didn't pay a big price for yesterday's sledding exploits, so I went for it again today! It was awesome as the route is even faster today. That's good for the fun and a little bothersome for the fact that the faster track launched us right at the tree stump at the bottom of the hill:
I wondered who the first one of us would
be to make contact with the trunk. I won!
That didn't stop any of us, though!
The course designer enjoying the fruits
of her labor!
I thought it would be fabulous to have a
self-captured action shot of me and my
man. Just when anyone thought I pay no
attention to my surroundings, this proves
I do as I was watching for the path that
led into the aforementioned tree trunk.
And, of course, there was a moment of selfie fabulousness when we all piled at the bottom:
Don't you love the selfies where someone's eyes are closed
and, even better, when someone's head is cropped out?
There. That's better.
Tomorrow? We run. Well, I run. The streets just aren't conducive to a safe run for me or for the pooch. And, certainly not for us as a pair (as Miss 4-Wheel Drive would probably be able to take off while I'm falling down ...).

Enjoy your Saturday! Enjoy the Olympics! Keep at whatever it is that is giving you grumbles, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment