Sunday, February 23, 2014

I Have the Creakies

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 35 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 107.5 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 53.5 Money Found For Food Bank: $11.47

I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but I'm strongly considering looking into a yoga class (even as far as Hot Yoga just for the novelty of it). I'm having a time loosening up in the mornings, and even if I had the perfect system for stretching, I know I wouldn't stick with it because it bores me. It's like when I took an independent study class in college -- the experience totally blew because I missed the imposed structure as well as the accountability. Apparently, most forms of current exercise, or the pieces that compose it, are my independent study nemesis. I know the stretching and balance of yoga would do me a world of good whether I was running or not, so I'll be scoping this out and reporting back.
Pretending? Or, doing? We'll soon find out ...
In the meantime, I drug my sorry self out to the streets this morning for four miles with the pound hound! It might go without saying that my spry girl is not currently in need of a doggie-yoga equivalent, and she was all. over. the. place. It was like she's never before been outside, and every smell was a show stopper. Literally. She'd jump in the grass and put the breaks on burying her nose in the grass like her life depended on it! Cute? Yes. Annoying? AND, HOW. Oh, and my back really didn't appreciate the repeated jarring ... crazy dog ...
"But the nasty smells are ohhhhh soooo sweeeeeeet!!!"
I totally appreciated the 56 cents of riches I found along the way, though, so there was a great added bonus to the morning! Oh, and I found this:
When is the last time you saw one of these?! It took me right back to my very first 45 rpm record purchase -- 1980, Diana Ross singing "Upside Down." Ohhhh yeahhhh ... played it during indoor recess in 6th grade. Good times ... good times ...

ANYWAY, I'm still going along. The recent color rush has helped as well as the Glow Run activity. But, clearly, I need to truly restoke the body fire to get the morning creakies out! Oh, and a little consistent warmer weather wouldn't hurt!

I can't control the weather, but I can continue to plan for moving forward! Perhaps some yoga research will be a part of tomorrow's break from running day! I'll check in and let you know -- enjoy the rest of your weekend and wind-down of the Olympics!! See you tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment