Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Pieced-Together Day

Happy Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics Day!! Wahoo!!!
USA! USA! USA! USA!
That's all I have to say about that.

In the meantime, I've spent some time today strategizing when to run tomorrow. It's going to be a treadmill day for sure, so I like to figure out how to make that happen in a pocket of time that won't annoy me. I'm so unexcited about running five miles in hamster wheel fashion, but that's how it goes!
I'm with you, Mr. Hamster. Totally with you.
Other items on today's agenda included doing my weights (yet another indoor activity to do while watching tv ... it's like the chocolate and peanut butter combination but not as fabulous). Pit Crew #3 showed off his guns with some kettle ball weights at the store, too ...
Are you aware that these weights are in
the ballpark of $30? "Insult to injury" come
to your mind, too? hee hee hee
And, then, I saw this most excellent shirt ...
I would never wear this because let's be real in that I simultaneously have been and am one of those suckers! But, I still thought it was very funny!

Between a most annoying, random leg injury and the ice and snow driving me inside to hit the 'mill, this particular Winter is really testing my commitment to run. But, I'm pleased to report I'm passing with flying colors.
And, I feel my choices -- even when they're hard and I don't wanna (yeah, detect the whine ...) -- most definitely are making me better.

Happy Olympics! Happy Friday Eve!! I'll check in tomorrow after the morning grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment