Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Write It Down

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 29 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 81.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 43 Money Found For Food Bank: $8.93

I knew my day was going to be pretty busy, but it turned out to be 3 hours busier than I even anticipated in the longest version I had in my head. On my drive home, I had the following stream of consciousness occur: "It's Wednesday (evidently, I had to remind myself of this). I run on Wednesdays. Crap, when am I going to ... WAIT! I already did! 'Seems like a very long time ago that I ran. SO glad that's behind me for today."

And, here's why I bring this up: The only -- and I do mean only -- reason I got my run in today is because I made and kept the appointment with myself to do so. I already have it on the calendar, therefore, it is a priority. There are definitely days I need to move the time, but those are days the run is moved, not deleted.
Weekend plans ... weekday plans ... long run ... short run ...
We make appointments for all kinds of things in life we value. Running (or other exercise), prayer, a pocket of quiet time, (insert your activity of choice) ... those aspects of life matter. They rejuvenate. They refuel. They promote well-being. They keep us sane. They deserve a spot on the calendar.

My off days are more flexible, so I couldn't say right now when I will get in my weights tomorrow. I only know that I will. I'll check in after.

By the way, I think I've caught a cold ... Leg injury, snow and ice ... yeah, catching a cold sounds about right!

No comments:

Post a Comment