Monday, February 3, 2014

No Matter What

For starters: A mighty congratulations to the Seahawks on the Super Bowl win!! I really don't care that it wasn't a "great game." It was a blast to cheer every time something good happened for them ... which made for a LOT of cheering over here for half of the house!!
 
Anyway ...
 
Thanks to a combination of disruptive weather, the unexpectedly hurting my leg and some pretty major shifts in other areas of my life, the start to my Half Marathon training schedule has been bumpy to say the least. I think the cherry on the cake of it all is how much I've already needed to be on the treadmill and how many more times I foresee that as necessary. (bleh ) But, cherry on the cake or not, it all contributes, and it's a bit of a buzz kill.

However.

Everything that's getting my attention should. And, I am more than happy to redistribute my time and energy. In fact, it's a privilege and honor to do so. The fact is that sometimes I get to be more excited than I probably deserve about finding a dime or simply going on a run outside with the sun coming up. Other times, I'm fortunate to eek out the miles I want before getting on with the day. But, those are days where I remember just how blessed I am to have that time at all, and, how thankful I am to have the ability ...
No matter my mood, no matter how it goes, it's going again tomorrow! I'll check in then.

No comments:

Post a Comment