Monday, February 24, 2014

No Need To Go It Alone

Okay, as promised to myself, I spent some time this morning investigating yoga-or-other options out there to address my "I'd like to improve my strength and flexibility" issues. Cutting to the chase, step two of the process is making a visit to the same place where we swim, and talk face to face with someone about options and cost. All of my time on the internet just ended up boring me because everything started to look the same. And, that happened because it's one thing to read descriptions about classes, etc., and it's another to talk to someone about all details involved including (and, probably most importantly) appropriate skill/ability level. Too many questions came from my research, so, it's time to talk.

I've decided my best move is to go where someone already knows and is already somewhat invested in me especially given the number of times I've been invited to join a class as a guest. Yes, yes, they want to sell classes. But, they also know me. For sure, I think I'll have the best outcome by at least starting in a familiar zone. Stay tuned ...!

This research was a great reminder that I don't have to always take things on and figure them out all by myself. In fact, some of my best accomplishments have involved others in some way ... running and my super-fab support system ring a bell?! For running, I wanted and fed off of the cheering support. For these add-ons, I could use some assessment and advice. Who better to ask than someone who's already looking out for you?

Research, check ! Plan, check ! Weights lifted, check ! Hey, that's not a bad start to a Monday! Hit your Monday head on -- preferably in the company of those who will support your efforts!! I'll check in tomorrow after what promises to be a pretty chilly Tuesday run!

No comments:

Post a Comment