Friday, February 7, 2014

Trekking Along

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 26 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 74.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 43 Money Found For Food Bank: $8.93

First of all, I must correct myself from yesterday as the opening ceremonies for the Olympics airs tonight, not last night. However, if you believed me and tuned in, you got to see some of the games begin that you might have otherwise missed since they were scheduled prior to the ceremonies. You are welcome. Oh, and if you caught the beginning of the team skating competition and saw how Russia, Canada and Japan smoked everyone else in performances that left your jaw hanging open, you are double welcome.

After we watched the Olympics and headed to bed, I saw this on my way:
Holy snack cakes, that's COLD!!

And, while it was, indeed, quite cold today, it didn't keep Pit Crew #2 and I from venturing out to play! We had sledding to do!

Our sledding doesn't come without significant engineering of a fabulous route compliments of PC#2. And, check it out ... she even gets in a weights workout doing so! See those chunks from the plow?
Those are used for the required retaining wall. Here's how they get to their destination:
We had a fabulous time together sledding and talking and grinning ...
... and, photo bombing ...
... and, taking pictures on the fly!
A great run down the hill on the sled doesn't necessarily
result in perfect pictures ... or, does it ...?!
We had a fabulous time together! Oh yeah, and I did get my five miles in this morning. But, they were on the treadmill, and oh-so-boring to discuss, so I thought I'd share the fun (and big-time workout climbing that hill multiple, multiple times!) instead!
Tomorrow? We recover from climbing the hill multiple, multiple times rest! I'll check in then. Happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment