Saturday, February 22, 2014

Glow

Happy Saturday!!!

For my Every Day in 2014 Personal Challenge, I chose not to do my weights and, instead, go for a walk with Aaron and Elly. We had one more "nice" day before the temps drop again, so I wanted to take advantage of it without suggesting running on the trail so I can kick another rut, stupid trail. Besides, what's better than some just-being-together time? The 'every day' challenge doesn't need to be that big of a deal; it just needs to be something. And, today's something was like a mini date. With the dog. While picking up kindling for the foreseeable fires. While finding pennies and BBs. Sweet!!!

Speaking of walking, just out of curiosity, I decided to poke around Facebook to see what kinds of walking pages there were. Can I tell you how many zombie-related (think Walking Dead and the like) I scrolled through to find the first walking-for-the-alive page? It was worth it, though, because the first one I found (a community page literally called, "Walking") had this as one of its posts:
I saw it and was all, MY PEOPLE!! There was a solicitation for "what's the best thing you've found walking" ... it seems no one who commented has my propensity for scoping money. That just leaves more for me ...

I hope to be out there in the morning (vs. on the treadmill) scoping for more! In the meantime, allow me to bullet-point the themes of a conversation I had with someone today. This is someone who is a consistent treadmill runner to whom I mentioned the upcoming Glow Run:
  • I swear, no one is watching you. In fact, no one really cares how you do.
  • It's themed for fun; there is no competition.
  • If someone is competing, they'll be way up front and won't even know you're there.
  • All activity levels participate; think about Aaron who isn't medically allowed to run, but he'll be there walking up a storm!
  • I swear, no one is looking at you.
Besides, they'll probably be looking at the awesomeness of Team Puppy Pace!! HA!! (Do you think someone makes glow-in-the-dark hairspray? For real, how awesome would that be ...)

Don't hold yourself back if there's an opportunity for fun! Too often, we invent reasons to not get in the game. Don't worry about anyone else; take care of you! Get out there and glow in your own way, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment